Saturday, August 13, 2011

Spencer Grant

I completed the Spencer Grant application last evening and am going to give it a final read today before submitting it.  I did experience a bit of confusion between the templates provided, the EH Research Blog submission, and what was asked of us on the Spencer Grant site itself.  Given this concern, I simply followed the criteria that was provided to us on July 19th and worked from that document.  I found this very helpful in making my points more concise to meet the page number counts.  I have completed grants before at the local education agency level for both Dual Enrollment and Safe and Drug Free Schools so I am familiar with a specific protocol for writing regarding these.  I believe we have missed the deadline submission for these given that we need to submit for the grant at least four months in advance of starting the research (according to the site).  With the next deadline in October, I don't believe I would qualify given that my research efforts will probably start no later than December.  Overall, I continue to find the feedback and process of rewriting and fine-tuning to be a positive and productive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment