Thursday, August 4, 2011

Literature Review Development

In progressing through the writing of the literature review, I have struggled a bit with determining how expansive to be on a given theme.  Currently, I have three themes that are pervasive in the literature review:
  • Contemporary Perspectives on Social Capital
  • School Work Perspectives on Technology
  • Community & Connectedness
I have interwoven sources from my annotated bibliography in each of these sections but primarily wanted to demonstrate a connection between technology and social capital within a variety of contexts including education.  I desire to be concise and poignant in the discussion but also am aware of expectations for number of pages.  In the end, I believe the quality of writing should supersede page length expectations.  I submitted my draft literature review this morning to Dr. Gould and Dr. Pittman and will be anxious to hear their feedback so I can improve upon this particular product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment